Re: New kernel-source-2.6.7 upload ?

William Lee Irwin III <wli@holomorphy.com> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 06:53:03AM -0700, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
>>> This will be necessary for major security issues, e.g. CAN-2004-0415,
>>> anyway, so I think we'll be okay. The bit about latest kernel-source
>>> is rather hopeful; if we take this as a precedent for architectures to
>>> update generic kernel-source without updating other architectures'
>>> kernel-images, then quite a bit can be done in the future.
>
> On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 04:48:39PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
>> Not sure i fully follow you here.
>
> There's a major security update pending, so we'll need to upload new
> kernel images for everything in the universe in short order anyway.

I'm just about to upload a new kernel-image-amd64-2.6.7. Could this
security update be hurried so I don't have to make 2 uploads? The
upload is realy urgent because it needs to go queue/NEW and then get
into sarge.

So if you can't promise it in the next 24h I will just upload now to
get queue/NEW started.

MfG
        Goswin