Re: New kernel-source-2.6.7 upload ?

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 03:51:24PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Yes, but this means a potential need for new upload of all the kenrel-image
> packages. Altough it is true that it isn't necessary to always have the latest
> kernel-source to build.

This will be necessary for major security issues, e.g. CAN-2004-0415,
anyway, so I think we'll be okay. The bit about latest kernel-source
is rather hopeful; if we take this as a precedent for architectures to
update generic kernel-source without updating other architectures'
kernel-images, then quite a bit can be done in the future.

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 06:28:31AM -0700, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
>> Let me do a closer review and I'll send in another followup.

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 03:51:24PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Ok. My idea was that all thing that are (or are supposed to be) pushed
> upstream, can go in the kernel-source package.

This would be great. Is it pending in the linux-ppc tree already?

-- wli