Re: ia64 added to svn

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 03:38:20PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> For one thing amd64 works with mainline kernels (and most likely our
> kernel-source), so a patch needs review indeed.i

THe current amd64 kernels use only kernel-source-2.6 and
kernel-patch-debian, no amd64 specific patch at all.

> The bigger questions is
> whether we should add architectures that aren't part of debian (yet) to
> the kernel svn.

IMHO it's better to keep them in the kernel svn, if the architectures
are likely to release sooner or later, than keeping the sources
non-accessible to others in private or semi-public repositories or out
of any version control system at all.

Greetings
Frederik Schueler

--