Re: ia64 added to svn

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 01:07:48PM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * tbm <tbm@cyrius.com> [2004-07-13 12:49]:
> > Please get someone else to review and check them in for now.
>
> * Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> [2004-07-13 12:54]:
> > > If someone could please add me to the alioth project group, I can commit
> > > the amd64 2.6 package sources. My alioth login is fschueler-guest.
> >
> > Done, ...
>
> Please don't.  We first need a clear policy on who and when to add

Martin, you too will go with this ? Well, all changes are easily
traceable in the svn repo, so nothing untoward can happen, but then
sure, it would be better to have the svn changes sent to the list.

> someone.  The kernel is an important package and I do not want to see
> random people commiting patches there (especially not before we set up
> a script to send SVN diff to the list).  I'd rather have a small team

Ok, let's do this then.

> of committers who will review patche and apply them.  Once someone has
> proven he's capabable of doing good work, we can add them.  Maybe Troy
> and Christoph can review these patches and Jens the packaging.

Well, it seems Frederik is wanting to take responsability for the amd64
patches, which judging from the bashing he got here, nobody here is
taking. And this is a good thing, we need at least one responsable for
each port, and even if Frederik makes mistakes or something at first,
which i have not the feel he will do, they can be easily fixed, and we
gain a good team member who will care for the amd64 port.

And i have not been really impressed over the dictatorship Jens and
Christoph have gained over all decisions regarding the packages, so
please don't add to their authorities this way, especially as i didn't
see you participating and following those discussion here.

And know it, when we meet in Karlsruhe, i was very near just dropping it
all, which i doubt is a good idea to handle a team member, but then
maybe the kernel team would be better of without me ? I don't know,
maybe, but then please don't keep the illusion that this is a team work.