Re: debian-installer release date is august 1, no advancement on smaller powerpc kernels or oldworld/miboot flavour.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 06:44:43PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Well, action needs to be taken, i believe. The debian-installer release date
> has been set to august 1, and i don't believe that it would be reasonable to
> continue modularizing the powerpc kernel unto then, since it could result in
> unneeded breakage so near the release. A 2.6.7-4 upload with the packages
> currently in subversion should be a good thing though, since it fixes the
> stability issue due to the G4 errata problem, which affects the pegasos, but
> may also affect some Apple hardware, not sure though.

Fine with me.  I'll also commit the modular swim3 and anslcd patches
ASAP which shoould probably go into -4.

> Anyway, i believe that it is needed to take action now, and build a new
> powerpc-oldworld-pmac config which is especially suited to building miboot
> floppies for the oldworld pmac debian-installer, for those who don't have mac
> os 9 anymore and still want to install debian on their pmac hardware.

Do we have a number on how many people actually did that with woody?
How much smaller do you need the kernel image for that to work?