Re: ia64 added to svn

Hi,

Sven Luther writes:

> And, do you have any other solution for not getting the powerpc
> package to break once kernel-source-2.6.7-4 is uploaded ?

The immediate solution is of course to remove the pegasos patch from
kernel-source and leave it in kernel-patch-powerpc until it enters
upstream.  In the long run, the apply script in kernel-patch-powerpc
could detect already applied patches and skip them.

> > I'm just not willing to discuss your pipedreams to death.  An email
> > asking me to do the build and upload would have been enough.
>
> Thanks all the same for team work.  Do you really think we can
> continue to work like that ?

Sure.

> You didn't even check in your above mentioned changes into svn,

Oops.  Done.

> And you are also actively opposing a 2.6 based miboot using
> debian-installer, which means we will be saddled with 2.4 kernels
> for oldworld miboot install, which i really wanted to avoid.

I don't think that anybody who has his senses together would at this
point remove the 2.4 kernels for an entire platform.  I have no
problem with leaving 2.4 kernels in Debian for the forseeable future
and don't see the benefit of hastily pushing for temporary solutions.
Especially with the upcoming freeze and release.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!