Re: [Fwd: initrd question about kernel-image-2.6.6-1-k7]

Thanks!

I've been like a blood hound on the trail today.  I did find something
that briefly talked about the use of the mkinitrd command and I issued the
following command:

mkinitrd -k -o /boot/initrd.img-2.6.7-bk8 -r /dev/hda1 2.6.7-bk8

Looks like it did something.  I have a image in my /boot now that looks
right.  I read were the modules have to be loaded in dependency order so I
assume it is smart enough to figure out the ordering of these.

I issued the command via a VNC connection to the machine (I'm at work ...
target machine is at home) so I'm afraid to "go-for-it" and issue a
shutdown -r command until I get home and can physically watch it boot.

Regards,

Brian