Re: Open a discussion about bug 253324

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 12:13:41PM +0200, Marco Amadori wrote:
> The kernel patch is small, the userspace is trival and the media space is 1%
> of e.g. kde-artworks eye candy stuff.

The kernel patch adds a full jpeg decoder and adds horrible hooks to the
console subsystem, the fbdev subsystem and vesafb.  And it works only
with vesafb, thus it's x860only.  And Debian has modular vesafb for
space reasons so it doesn't work with Debian at all.

> BTW: is the next kernel-source-2.6.7 including dm-snapshot and dm-mirror lkms
> or we'll get them only in 2.6.8??

No.  If you want to backport the DM changes from current BK I wouldn't
mind including it, OTOH as long as we don't have anything like a sarge
release schedule I'm not too happy to use my own time for doing
backports of feature myself.