Re: Open a discussion about bug 253324

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:17:59 +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 10:54:23PM +0200, Bluefuture wrote:
>> I want to "open" a discussion about this bug on the debian-kernel
>> mailing list:

[...]
> I personally think having the kernel hooks to support the init.d stuff would
> be good. It should then be trivial to have Debian boot with a bootsplash,
> which is mainly cosmetic wank, but nice, nonetheless.
>
> regards
>
> Andrew

Heh, when I first saw this post, I was ready to agree w/ Herbert (feh,
unnecessary eyecandy).  Then I went to the page; the screenshots are
impressive.  I'd be up for adding this sort of thing, as long as the
impact to users who don't want it (in disk space, memory, and
processor cycles) is minimal.  I recently set up a Debian box for my mom,
and she asked about all the obscure boot messages that come up; it would
be nice to have a graphical display that could hide all that.