Re: preliminary kernel-source 2.6.7 packages available

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 09:42:46AM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Christoph Hellwig writes:
>
> >  - I have done some more work on the split patches, especially added
> >    lots of .dpatch commentary.  I'll re-merged that with your
> >    changes tomorrow
>
> >  - the changelog should be much more detailed, e.g. mentioning which
> >    changes we've dropped that didn't go upstream.  I'll write
> >    something up on that.
>
> Very nice.  I was kind of wondering what to do about the identical
> dpatch comments and default author addresses.

I let them raw, so Christoph knew where to add the commends and
patchname. Actually i believe i could have scripted the patchname
thingy, and the comment could be found just before the patch anyway.

Thanks Jens for taking a care at this, and to Christoph for doing the
patch splitting and commenting part.

BTW, Jens, what about the powerpc package ? Matthias Klose mailed me
yesterday about a tentative biarch gcc compiler, and i will try today or
later at linuxtag, to build a 64bit kernel for G4. If this works out
well, we should consider building non-official or experimental kernels
using the 64bit biarch compilers, and speed up the merging back of the
biarch stuff into the unstable package.