initrd symlink error when installing kernel-image-2.4.16-686

Hi debian-kernel,

yesterday I upgraded  a Debian stable system from Linux 2.2.20 to 2.4.16 (package: kernel-image-2.4.16-686). The installed 2.2.20 kernel didn't use an initrd, but the new does.

In the install process I was erroneously prompted to add 'initrd=/initrd' to my lilo.conf. But the symlink actually created was called  /initrd.img (pointing correctly to the image in /boot). If I hadn't manually verified the image location lilo would have failed when trying to update the bootloader.

I'm not subscribed to the list, but will be watching...

Mikkel,