Re: RC bugs in Linux

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 11:09:49AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Robert Millan (zeratul2@wanadoo.es) [040603 10:55]:
> > Bear in mind that violating the DFSG is a release-critical bug, whereas
> > disabling upstream drivers is not. And AFAIK disabling tainted drivers is a
> > trivial task, but splitting the binary-only blobs into non-free isn't.
> > Therefore if the latter requires long-term work, the former has to take
> > priority. So the question is, does it require long-term work?
>
> Please remember that there is a decision of the release manager on
> this issue which changes must be pre-sarge, and how to do them:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2004/04/msg00060.html

Unless I'm missing something, the release manager doesn't have the authority
to override the Social Contract (1.1) that was ratified by GR in April.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)