Re: Cut and Paste looses formatting when copying from one table to another table

Hi Rene,

many thanks for the super fast reply.

Am Sonntag, 26. Februar 2023, 13:30:05 CET schrieb Rene Engelhard:
> Hi,
>
> Am 26.02.23 um 12:02 schrieb Rainer Dorsch:
> > The issue does not occur on a Manjaro Stable system with Libreoffice 7.5.0
>
> Maybe fixed in 7.5.0?

I did some more testing. I think it is a KDE Plasma related issue (therefore
copying debian-kde):

-> If I disable in the clipboard settings: Sync content of clipboard and
current selection (translation of "Inhalt von Zwischenablage und aktueller
Auswahl angleichen"), I don't get the empty selection anymore, when switching
to a new librecalc tab and pasting (a copy from previously selected content on
another librecalc tab) works without loosing any formatting.

-> If I deliberately copy something else in between and revert back to the
previous selection in the clipboard history, I have the issue again.

=> Seems to be a bug in the plasma clipboard history of Debian bullseye. It
seems formatting gets lost in the history. Probably not worth debugging for
bullseye anymore, since bookworm gets released soon. I hope the bug is fixed in
Plasma in bookworm though.

> > The systems don't share the home directory though. Is the are a way to
> > make
> > libreoffice ignoring all user settings?
>
> You can start with safe mode..

Thanks, tried this first, but does not change anything.

> > Any hint what could be wrong is welcome.
>
> See above, it can just be a upstream bug. You can try with
> bookworm/sid+experimental in a VM? Or wait until there will be 7.5.x in
> bookworm-backports (yes, explicitely NOT bullseye-backports).
>

> Too bad there was never really a chance to  get 7.5.x into bookworm
> given the freeze schedule.
>
> /7.5.0 might have worked if one was really courageos but then we'd have
> a serious problem on any bigger surprise. Usually .0s are not really
> good anyway, .1 woul bd a given and that really misses the deadline
> completely)

I think that was an excellent choice for Debian stable. Manjaro stable ships
updates for major packages (like KDE plasma, browsers, libreoffice, etc.)
roughly  every month, which are entirely different boundary conditions.

Thanks
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch