[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Plasma 5.27 beta (5.26.90) coming to unstable

Dear Aurélien,

first off to you and all the other members of the Debian/Kubuntu Qt/KDE 

You are awesome!

I greatly appreciate your efforts to bring the greatest and latest of KDE 
into Debian right before the freeze!

*Thank you*!

Aurélien COUDERC - 24.01.23, 01:16:27 CET:
> I've just uploaded Plasma 5.27 beta to *unstable*.
> We usually keep beta versions in experimental but this one is our
> target for bookworm and I want to give it maximum exposure with the
> bookworm freeze starting already.
> I've been using it for a couple of days without major issue by YMMV of
> course, it's beta software still.
> Feel free to not update or hold Plasma packages if you don't want to
> use the beta. I'll upload the final 5.27.0 as soon as it's released,
> so on Feb 14. or close to that.

Already updated what I could with "apt upgrade". Will try again later 

  kde-config-screenlocker kscreen kwin-common kwin-data kwin-wayland
  kwin-x11 libkf5screen-bin libkf5screen-data libkscreenlocker5
  libkwineffects14 libkwinglutils14 libreoffice libreoffice-base
  libreoffice-base-core libreoffice-base-drivers libreoffice-calc
  libreoffice-common libreoffice-core libreoffice-draw libreoffice-gtk3
  libreoffice-help-common libreoffice-help-de libreoffice-help-en-us
  libreoffice-impress libreoffice-kf5 libreoffice-l10n-de
  libreoffice-math libreoffice-plasma libreoffice-qt5 libreoffice-writer

(This Libreoffice stuff is held back since days already, did not yet look 
into it closer. Might have to do with Breeze style.)

Will report on any problems.

> Also if you have time, now would be a good time testing bullseye ->
> bookworm upgrades with the Plasma desktop installed and report
> anything broken (on spare machines / VMs obviously, NOT on systems
> you need to rely on).

What spare machines? My Devuan desktop machines are all running on Ceres 
which translates to Devuan Sid. :)

If I manage to take the time I will try on VM, but will wait a few days 
probably for the package updates to fully settle so that "apt full-
upgrade" runs through without removing anything important.


Reply to: