Re: Thank for your the ambitious plan for Bookworm

Le 23 novembre 2022 16:23:56 GMT+01:00, Diederik de Haas <didi.debian@cknow.org> a écrit :
>On Saturday, 12 November 2022 11:50:53 CET Martin Steigerwald wrote:
>> Dear Debian/Kubuntu Qt/KDE team developers,
>>
>> thank you dearly for the ambitious plan you set out in:
>> https://wiki.debian.org/PkgQtKde/BookwormReleasePlans
>
>That indeed looks quite good :-)
>Please do inform the Release Team about it (even if it's not 100% final).

Ah yes, I still havn't do that.
What's best ? Filing a pre-approval bug ?

>> In case you'd like some of us to test something from experimental at
>> some time, just let us know.
>
>Indeed. Happy to help here!

Thanks.

- The thing that's the most lagging behind is Gear. The Gear packages are mostly independent from one another so help on any of them is welcome.

- Also we have *loads* of bug reports, I pick some with every upload but I cannot scale to the number we have across Frameworks, Plasma and Gear. Help welcome on triaging, retesting, linking with upstream bugs (or filing them when reproducible and not yet in bugs.kde.org).

- Give a try to the testing ISO, choose Plasma, report any bugs or ideas for improvements.

- Create a Plasma Debiab theme à la kubuntu-settings to we can get back the Debian wallpaper by default. The old way to script that in desktop-base is too fragile and broken.

- Review upstream packaging recommendations [0] and propose patches for achievable item, fix anything non directly KDE-related mentioned there in Debian.

Best if you ping us on #debian-qt-kde when you work on any of this.

[0] https://community.kde.org/Distributions/Packaging_Recommendations

Hally hacking ! 🙂
--
Aurélien