Re: Versions mismatch and upload methodology for KDE applications

Shmerl ha scritto:
> I noticed that versions of KDE applications in Debian repos are
> all over the place. Examples:
>
> kmail: 22.08.2
> konsole: 22.08.1
> okular: 22.04.3
> and etc.
>
> So method of uploading them seems random or ad hoc.
>
> Why aren't KDE maintainers uploading the whole suite of
> applications at once for all of them to have the same version?

I can't speak for the maintainers, but please consider that those programs are
part of KDE Gear, which is just a collection of software which is released
together, but it doesn't automatically imply a dependency between the various
applications. There may be some (for example, all bits which mades KDE PIM)
but that's not the general rule, so they can be updated separately.

--
Luigi