Re: State of KDE in testing?

Le 20 avril 2022 17:24:23 GMT+02:00, local10 <local10@tutanota.com> a écrit :
>Apr 20, 2022, 11:08 by libre@coucouf.fr:
>
>> One thing to be aware of is to be more careful when upgrading major versions of Plasma. We currently don't have a safe way to ensure that all Plasma packages transition form unstable (where we upload them) to testing at once. So be sure you know what you're doing when doing upgrades to ensure you don't end up with mixed versions of Plasma packages.
>>

>That's what I was concerned about. I usually use "aptitude dist-upgrade" to upgrade between releases, so will it catch a situation like that or will I have to manually ensure that all KDE packages are of the same version?
>
>Also, what is the current state of KDE/X in testing, are all packages of the same Plasma/KDE version?

It's all fine and ready and fine as a daily driver on both AMD and Intel graphics for what I use.
Even Wayland in Intel is mostly stable (like < 1 crash a week) in my experience and setup.

Possible breakages would happen around when a new major version of Plasma gets released so the next would be mid-June with Plasma 5.25.

Happy testing !
--
Aurélien