Fwd: KDE Plasma support Debian

f.y.i.   below mail I wrote to DA manager on Jan 16.

-------- Doorgestuurd bericht --------
Onderwerp: KDE Plasma support Debian
Datum: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 23:16:02 +0100
Van: Luc Castermans <luc.castermans@gmail.com>
Aan: da-manager@debian.org

Dear DAM

With this writing I want to thank Norbert Preining for his efforts and results of making KDE Plasma and applications available in Debian.  Several years ago releases of KDE Plasma, applications, etc in Debian were significantly  delayed with respect to upstream releases. Norbert managed to decreases this delay by a magnitude, even such that KDE Plasma for Debian was made available before the release of KDE Neon!   Next to this, the quality of his packages were at highest levels. In the occurance of bugs a mail to Norbert was sufficient and almost by return e-mail solved. Nobert served my and many others very well, his communication was clear and swift.

Unfortunately Norbert communicated that he has been demoted and as a result felt that he should leave Debian and its community.

Looking at the results achieved and his track record, seen from my perspective, I would appreciate very much, if Nobert´s work could be continued for Debian. With this I kindly ask you to do your utmost best to make this happen!

Thank you very much,

--
Luc Castermans
mailto:luc.castermans@gmail.com