Re: Need help fixing Akonadi

28 Nov 2021, 08:47 by lilywhite2005@outlook.com:
> Jokes aside, did you roll back PostgreSQL to 13 and purge all Akonadi-related packages, then reinstall them? This worked for me (the purging and reinstalling part) the first time it broke down.

I'd rather use different PIM software than wipe and reload. I basically store my contacts in vCard directories, calendar + todo lists in an iCalendar directory, use IMAP and Maildir+ for mailing lists, and would like, but don't require, GSuite integration. Is there such a thing as open source software that competently implements open RFCs?

Evolution is out because it doesn't support recurring calendar items. I last used Thunderbird in the 00s and purged it after they tried to convince that never deleting data in the database and storing passwords in plaintext were features, not critical bugs. I'm not going back to that until I'm satisfied that the team has stopped lying.