Re: problem with debian Buster and debugging thread in Qt5

Hi Vincent!

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 at 05:29, Vincent charente <vincecharente@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I am sending you this email because I encounter a problem with Debian Buster and default Qt5 package.
>
> I installed packages below :
>
> ·        debian 10.8 x86_64 (amd64)
>
> ·        apt-get install build-essentials
>
> ·        apt-get install gdb
>
> ·        apt-get install qt5-default

This one is really not needed at all, feel free to remove it.

> ·        apt-get install qtcreator
>
> I have tried to debug an application which contains a thread with GBD but GDB stops when thread starts. I tried to build GDB with last sources but the problem still remains.
>
> This problem doesn’t exist with Debian 9 with the same procedure of installation.
>
> You can find a simple example which increments a counter in a thread every 500ms at the URL below https://pastebin.com/WegsL9vd.
>

> Do you know if there is a way to solve this problem ?

In fact I can reproduce your issue and at the same time I can make it
work under gdb itself, so the issue seems to be in Qt Creator. I've
reproduced the issue with Qt Creator from unstable, so let me suggest
you to file a bug upstream: http://https://bugreports.qt.io Do not
forget to upload this test code, it's very straightforward and so a
nice example for an upstream issue.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/