Re: Upgrade partially some packages (Plasma 5.19. 5 - 3) on testing broke plasma.

On 2020-11-12 15:58, Borden Rhodes wrote:
Confirmed I can use my computer again. Thank you.

Back to my earlier question, though, have we learnt anything in this
experience that can help us avoid unbootable KDE problems in the
future?

A previous time when this happened, I suggested marking the dependencies in SID to the particular version of the libraries being tested there. That would stop things from breaking in testing...

However the point of testing is to do testing. This is where we find out what things break before they go into stable. If we want unbreakable software, we should be running stable (although a year or two back there was an upgrade in stable that broke some things).