Re: wayland

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 09:36, Marco Möller
<talby@debianlists.mobilxpress.net> wrote:

> Interested to discover Wayland without risking to lose my much
> personalized settings for my KDE Plasma X11 desktop environment (and
> without drawing in new desktop apps), is it enough to simply install
> package  kwin-Wayland?
> Are there any current (Plasma X11) settings which might become changed
> and would not immediately be in use no more if choosing at the sddm
> login screen to enter a Plasma X11 session again?
> Marco.

I brought this matter up a few weeks ago, and the response is that
Wayland _shouldn't_ mulch any of your settings - but it might. KDE on
Wayland in Debian has a lot of rough edges and should be considered
beta. I've found I've needed to work around crashes, quirks and
missing features. It's possible that a KDE app may change a setting
and X won't know how to read it. Some things that work in X11 don't in
Wayland and vice-versa.