Re: Status of Plasma 5.18/5.19?

Hi Jeremy,

there is good news, Norbert's continues to provide KDE packages e.g. for
5.19.2 , see
https://www.preining.info/blog/2020/06/kde-plasma-5-19-2-for-debian/

Be aware I have not used them, all my desktop systems are on stable and as I
try to avoid to have third party repos as much as possible for reasons for
trust and stability.

I am not sure which topic of https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian Marco is
referring to, I am sure he understands that Norbert's packages are built and
meant for Debian sid/bullseye, so none of the criteria for FrankenDebian
applies:

> Repositories that can create a FrankenDebian if used with Debian Stable:
> - Debian testing release (currently bullseye)
> - Debian unstable release (also known as sid)
> - Ubuntu, Mint or other derivative repositories are not compatible with
Debian!
> - Ubuntu PPAs

Norbert is a very experienced DD. I would not be too worried of breaking
Debian with Norbert's packages as long as you follow Norbert's blog
https://www.preining.info/blog/ and remember you are on testing or unstable
anyways, if you use his packages. I am glad that he closes the gap that there
is usually a  delay between KDE releases and official Debian packages for them.
I consider his packages as value add, since I am sure there are Debian users
which need a recent KDE release (and if it is just to do a quick test in a VM
for bugs fixed, new features,....)

@Marco:
Do you have any evidence that anybody broke his system, because he used
Norbert's builds?

Thanks
Rainer

--