Re: Since update slowdown Kontact

MERLIN Philippe - 04.06.20, 14:26:24 CEST:
> This problem is really handicapping the access to certain message can
> take more than a minute and the correction of this problem is slow to
> come, is there an easy method to reinstall the previous version of
> kmail which is still in testing?

I'd say: Nope.

I am not completely sure, but I would not be surprised if KDEPIM/Akonadi
19.08 wouldn't be co-installable with recent KDE Framework 5.70 packages
due to dependency issues.

And if it not already is uninstallable due to that, it may happen with
any further update.

I even now experienced Akonadi maildir resource getting stuck on
synchronizing the trash folder with just 72 messages.

Bug 422490 - maildir resource gets stuck on synchronizing a folder with
72 messages

https://bugs.kde.org/422490

Akonadi/KDEPIM 20.04 is quite a bit more annoying that 19.08 :(

It is sad, cause people put a lot effort into it. And the Debian/Kubuntu
Qt/KDE packaging team puts a lot of effort into packaging it.

It is also sad cause Akonadi has a lot of issues since its inception.
For some reason it appears to be very hard to fix those. And I know brave
KDE developers made quite some efforts to fix it.

Thanks,
--
Martin