Re: KDE Apps 20.04 (and Plasma) for Debian

Hi,

> > kgpg must depend on libkf5akonadicontact5, libkf5akonadicore5,
> > libkf5contacts5 20.04 (NOT 19.08).
>
> Well, yes, for your use case. But for all unstable users it must depend
> on 19.08. And since kgpg is in unstable…

Yes kdepim is ready for brave users to test, but everything outside kdepim,
that depends on KDEPIM packages, needs recompilation and can't be installed at
the same time! This affects:

digikam
kgpg
kio-gdrive
kjots
kmymoney
kraft
zanshin

That's why I need to wait for a transition [960534]. After this transition
gets accepted, I can upload Frameworks and KDEPIM to unstable.

[960534] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=960534

> An option would be to have an kgpg in experimental which depends on
> 20.04.

Possible. But you normally don't do this kind of uploads, as you request
binary rebuilds form within a transition. Keep in mind experimental is not a
Debian suite, it is only a place to prepare uploads to unstable.

You can rebuilt packages locally (if you know how to get rid of them later):

sbuild -d experimental --add-depends="libkf5akonadi-dev (>=4:20.04.0~)" --no-
source --no-source-only-changes --append-to-version=+b1~ --extra-repository
"deb http://debian/ experimental main" --build-dep-resolver aspcud kgpg

hefee