Re: Screen energy saving turning on and off and (fixed)

Hi inkbottle,

in case your problem is not resolved, just a datapoint:

I run Debian buster with KDE and a Dell 4K monitor and X11. I did not see any
of the issues you describe so far (fortunately):

Graphics:  Device-1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver: i915 v: kernel
          Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.4 driver: modesetting unloaded:
fbdev,vesa resolution: 3840x2160~30Hz
          OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Coffeelake 3x8
GT2) v: 4.5 Mesa 18.3.

There is a 30 Hz limitation, but that is a known CPU/motherboard limitation.

Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch
http://bokomoko.de/