Re: Screen energy saving turning on and off and (fixed)

So, I've discovered that kwin-x11 is now deprecated:
https://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2018/01/kwinx11-is-feature-frozen/

So it is not a good idea to wait for fixings or improvements from there.

I've tried kwin-wayland, and it works.

But it is so broken, every single thing is broken.

Can't change font dpi without computer freezing, need to use power button.

It never ever remember the resolution of my screen: it always start in
resolution 1920x1080, what ever I do. (native resolution is 3840x2160)
Even re-loging lose the resolution.

When I've tried writing a mail: "kmail is not responding".

Rebooting fails 1 in 3 times.

anti aliasing is not very good, it is much more difficult to read text.

I usually use "reversed mouse wheel motion". You really can select that in
system settings, but it has no effect with wayland.

So, in a way, the initial issue is *fixed*: there won't be any improvement,
neither from X11, nor from dpms (which I've learn doesn't log things).

By the way, emacs was working too. So, if it wasn't for the fact that it is
crashing always. For the fact that you can't have your configuration right
however hard you try. And that it is ugly. It works. You can't do anything
with it, but in some way it does work. (And that 1 in 2 times you even have to
use power button to reboot; even, it starts rebooting, but it hangs in
halfway, and then you have to reach for the power button.)

I use: kwin-wayland-backend-drm
Because they say:
For X11 you need e.g. on Debian based systems the package kwin-wayland-
backend-x11. For the “real thing” you need: kwin-wayland-backend-drm
https://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2016/07/why-does-kwin_wayland-not-start/

And I haven't been able to start kwin-wayland in another tty:
export $(dbus-launch)
kwin_wayland --xwayland --socket nested
=> failed

dbus-run-session startplasmacompositor
=> failed

But starting it from sddm worked right out of the box (though not really
usable for anything)

I've manually installed only one package: plasma-workspace-wayland,
and voila.