Re: Something broke

luca.pedrielli wrote:

> maybe it is only a cache problem. try to clear it.
>
> or a configuration problem. try to remove/add printers

Had another look today and found an outstanding print job on a switched off
network printer. I deleted that job and was able to add the 'Printers' item
again to the System Tray without crashing plasmashell.

So maybe as you suggested it was a print queue problem that caused the crash
although it is a bit surprising that this could prevent plasma from starting
up correctly.

Rob