Re: KDE Stops opening new programs

This evening I played a bit with the issue and I noticed the real root
of the problem.

I noticed I only need to open my PDF directory in Dolphin to see how
the number of thumbnail.so instances increase without control. The
directory has around 8000 PDF files and just moving the scroll bars in
dolphin to see the different PDF files produces an incredible number
of new instances of thumbnail.so. No need to erase any file, just
browsing the directory.

So I guess thumbnail.so fails producing PDF previews, leaving a lot of
zombie instances. In fact... to be honest I've never seen a PDF
preview in Dolphin...

I configured Dolphin to disable every preview except for image files
(jpg, png, etc) and the problem is solved. No more zombie processes
laying in background and no need to run a killall every 5 minutes.

I hope this helps to track down the bug.