Re: Plasma 5.17.5 available in experimental

Hey Sandro.

Sandro Knauß - 24.01.20, 22:34:45 CET:
[…]
> > I really like the new night color feature. This way I do not need
> > redshift anymore.
>
> The night color kcm takes for ages to start and I no feedback in the
> system tray, if it is enabled or not. Any idea what dependency may be
> wrong on my end? Or how to debug this?

Starts instantly here. No idea on the dependencies. As by default it
appears to automatically determine the location you are in, there might
be some geo location related dependencies. I wonder how that works and
whether it would phone into the internet for that and how often it would
do that. However I trust that KDE developers implemented it with privacy
in mind.

The KCM is directly in plasma-desktop package, and this depends on a lot
of libraries and other packages that may depend on even more packages.

% dpkg -S /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kcms/kcm_nightcolor.so
plasma-desktop: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kcms/
kcm_nightcolor.so

As for the indication in system tray, AFAIK that is coming with Plasma
5.18 LTS. But in the evening you can see that it is effective. :)

Best,
--
Martin