Re: Help with KMail: user rejected wallet access

Hi John,

John Scott - 05.10.19, 03:05:28 CEST:
> I've now discovered I can't refresh my personal IMAP either. It
> doesn't give me the error about wallet access, but does auto-detect
> no authentication methods.
>
> It could be another red herring, but for the past several days apt has
> ended in
> how-can-i-help: Error downloading data file: execution expired
> and how-can-i-help -a does appear to hang

Please review kdepim-users mailing lists. The topic has been on there as
well as in (duplicated) upstream bug reports for what I believe more
than a dozen of times. Please also see:

Kontact and Google Integration Issues

https://dvratil.cz/2019/08/kontact-google-integration-issue/

I personally would not help further than that cause I do not use
Googlemail nor do I endorse it. I see Googlemail, but also Office 365
(which I need to use at work) as a huge invasion to privacy – for me it
is a joke that they ask for a privacy declaration for KDEPIM when they
are the ones who have the business model to earn money by violating user
privacy. I read more than once that Google scans every mail to gather
data for personalized advertisements. But I stop with my rant now as its
not on topic here.

I suggest you read on kdepim-users on solutions and ask there in case
you still have questions afterwards.

Best,
--
Martin