Re: Debian Buster, KDE, Amarok and zombies of ThreadWeaver::T

On 2/11/19 2:22 PM, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> El lunes, 11 de febrero de 2019 06:56:19 -03 Lars Schimmer escribió:

>>> tl;dr: amarok is dead upstream (or almost dead), you are better of looking
>>> for another music player.
>>>
>>> I particulary like mpd + all it's clients, but it's for locally available
>>> music.
>>
>> Does any of these player play well with 2TB of MP3 files?
>
> mpd does, it depends on the client though.
>
>> Fast enough and comfortable like Amarok?
>
> That's a client thing, try cantata for example.

Looks a bit too much for a local player, but will test it.

> And as a bonus you will be able to control the reproduction from multiple
> devices.

not much needed right now, maybe handy next year.

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723