Look and feel

First of all, let me thank you for all your work. I've been using KDE since v1.1 and although there have been hiccups alone the way (especially since the move to plasma) I've never moved to another DE since. In fact, I dropped Redhat as my preferred distro when they dropped KDE in favor of GNOME.

Regarding my subject line, there has always been some aesthetic dissonance between Debian and KDE during the boot process. It occurred to me this problem could be easily solved by using the same background image for both SDDM and GRUB. Whenever a user installs an SDDM theme, simply have the installer copy the background image to the appropriate GRUB folder, modify /etc/default/grub as necessary, then execute the update-grub command. I realize GRUB requires a different image format, but that seems a trivial issue. The GRUB image could even be modified to include the Debian logo.

I realize not all SDDM background images would be suitable, given the readability requirements for GRUB menu/text, but one or more compatible options could be offered as "official" while still allowing users to do their own thing.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.