Re: Debian Buster, KDE, Amarok and zombies of ThreadWeaver::T

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer - 09.02.19, 20:37:
> > Is this already known, or new?
> > Should I open a bug in amarok debian?
> > Any ideas where it comes from?
>
> tl;dr: amarok is dead upstream (or almost dead), you are better of
> looking for another music player.

For anyone who likes the Amarok experience, especially of the old Amarok
in KDE 3… have a look at Clementine. Only thing I may be missing might
be the automatic DJ functionality (auto playlist stuff)… but maybe I just
did not found it yet.

There are new approaches at music players in KDE Community like Elisa.

So while Amarok has been my most favorite player for a long time… well I
might switch.

Lisandro, will Buster still come with Amarok? I bet Amarok is one of the
few apps that still keep in Qt 4.

Thanks.
--
Martin