Re: bug reports / powerdevil/upower

On 01.07.19 13:42, Xavier Brochard wrote:
> Le lundi 1 juillet 2019, 13:28:18 CEST Andreas v. Heydwolff a écrit :
>> Hello list,
>>
>> two weeks ago I filed a bug report about upower without which powerdevil
>> won't start. The bug was acknowledged, but there has been no response
>> from the maintainer so far. What is the recommended procedure when there
>> is no response? Or should I wait a bit longer as people may be on vacation?
>>
>>   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=930539
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Andreas
>
> Maintainer doesn't allways answer because of lack of time. They are all busy
> with next stable release.

Thanks for the swift reply, Xavier. I understand what you say about the
stable release and lack of time.

> In your case, libssl has nothing to do with powerdevil ; libssl is for
> securing network communications

Not with powerdevil directly, but powerdevil depends on upower, and my
only clue was the systemd log:

"upowerd[15367]: /usr/lib/upower/upowerd: error while loading shared
libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory" which repeats for a minute until some timeout. The system
has newer versions of libssl.

If you have a guess what other lead I might follow to resolve the issue,
I'll gladly try to do so.

Andreas