Re: bluetooth, PA, annoying issues

On Sunday, May 5, 2019 1:55:26 AM CEST Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
wrote:
> El domingo, 10 de marzo de 2019 12:57:22 -03 inkbottle escribió:
> > Since a fortnight or so, I have glitches with BT headset connection, which
> > otherwise has worked flawlessly for a year or more.
> >
> > The connection is usually OK. However quite often, when I turn on the
> > headset, the BT Plasma icon is changing its aspect as it should (adding 2
> > small dots on each side), but the headset doesn't say "device connected",
> > and the headset is not showing in PA available devices, and if I go in
> > Settings/Bluetooth, the device is not trusted, and sometimes also not
> > present at all (this latter part, in this situation, would even change
> > within seconds). And there are also plenty of other things, anyway.
> >
> > The angle I would like to consider, is that the issue appeared together
> > with
> > a nice looking enhancement:
> Well, I'm also seeing this. It also happen with GTK's blueman, but always
> inside a Plasma session. Sometime I need to reset the device in order to
> make it work.
>
> But I doubt it's a Plasma-related thing, although I should do a better
> check...

With time it seems the issue sort of wore off (however my last upgrade dates
from the beginning of the soft freeze or so).
Devices are still sometime forgotten but not a big issue.
Beside that I now have A2DP without interruption or latency which is great.
The connection is much more stable now and is resilient to signal degradation.
If I move away from the computer with my headset, until the signal is
degraded, and then come back, there is no loss of synchronization (I tried
only once). And the distance beyond which the signal is becoming too weak, was
previously 2 meters or less, and is now more like 5 meters or more.