Re: Chromium prevents screen going into power saving mode

On Monday, September 10, 2018 8:02:29 PM CEST Libor Klepáč wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i use teams for linux, which uses chromium to show "the app".
>
> Problem is, that chromium inhibits power management during upload or
> download. And teams app save something to server every few seconds ..
> https://github.com/ivelkov/teams-for-linux/issues/10

Thanks, that sure seems related.
So Chromium, is meddling with power management.
Very useful piece of information I think.
The fact that I do not have powerdevil installed might be part of the issue:

"powerdevil: Restoring DPMS features after inhibition release"

What then if powerdevil is not installed?

I'll try to reinstall powerdevil, and see if that helps.

Alternatively I can "Restore DPMS features" by hand, which I've done lately,
and which seems to work.

Chris