Re: Buster: KDE questions/issues

Luigi Toscano - 07.09.18, 14:04:
> local10 ha scritto:
> > More questions (questions 3 and 4 from my previous email I consider
> > resolved, 1 and 2 not yet resolved):
> >
> > 5. Installed kde-standard but it appears there are no Desktop,
> > Mouse, Look and Feel themes were included with kde-standard, at
> > least I don't see any.
> I don't really know what to say. Can you start systemsettings from a
> graphical terminal? All control modules should be available there.

local10´s system was temporarily in a state that it did not even have
kwin-x11 as a package installed¹. When someone installs kde-standard in
Buster aka Testing while not all packages are available or installable,
just about anything could happen, there are quite some recommends
instead of depends in the dependency chain (kde-standard => kde-plasma-
desktop => plasma-desktop for example). Also systemsettings package is a
recommends in plasma-desktop.

I think this is all not a bug. Who uses testing (and unstable) is
expected with to deal with temporary issues like this. Those are
development versions of Debian after all.

I am not sure whether it would make sense and is feasible to promote
some of the recommends to depends.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=908079#23

Thanks,
--