Re: Arabic characters in kmail

inkbottle wrote:

> On Friday, May 11, 2018 12:50:30 PM CEST Rob Brewer wrote:
>> After the recent upgrade to kmail 4:17.12.3-1 I am seeing Arabic
>> characters replacing punctuation marks in the kmail message pane.
>>
>> For instance " (utf-8 E2 80 A6) is being replaced by  ق
>>         and     '  (utf-8  E2 80 99) is also replaced by
>
> I've sent to myself the incriminated characters, that is:
> U+2026	…	e2 80 a6	HORIZONTAL ELLIPSIS
> U+2019	’	e2 80 99	RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK
> U+201C	“	e2 80 9c	LEFT DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK
> U+2018	‘	e2 80 98	LEFT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK

Thank you for your help your characters seem to be reproduced correctly here
as well. I suspect that this is combined html document problem then, as the
snippit below shows the problem is in the quoted-printable section....

------=_Part_140756414_962358756.1525866442311

We want to stay in touch =E2=80=93 action needed
snip...

------=_Part_140756414_962358756.1525866442311

this is displayed as:

 We want to stay in touch ق€“ action needed

Not sure how quoted-printable is handled in kmail. Maybe the problem is in
the sending software but this is happening on at least 2 different email
sources.

Reading the email with Thunderbird does not show the problem.

Regards

Rob