Re: Arabic characters in kmail

On Friday, May 11, 2018 12:50:30 PM CEST Rob Brewer wrote:
> After the recent upgrade to kmail 4:17.12.3-1 I am seeing Arabic characters
> replacing punctuation marks in the kmail message pane.
>
> For instance " (utf-8 E2 80 A6) is being replaced by  ق
>         and     '  (utf-8  E2 80 99) is also replaced by

I've sent to myself the incriminated characters, that is:
U+2026	…	e2 80 a6	HORIZONTAL ELLIPSIS
U+2019	’	e2 80 99	RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK
U+201C	“	e2 80 9c	LEFT DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK
U+2018	‘	e2 80 98	LEFT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK

(source: https://www.utf8-chartable.de/unicode-utf8-table.pl?
start=8192&number=128)

and I haven't noticed anything, but maybe I misunderstood where exactly the
problem should be observed.

My Kmail has the same version number as yours, even though my update is like a
week old.

Let's see how this email shows ;)

My locale is a bit different from yours.
$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"