Re: krunner and systemtray broken in testing

On maandag 27 augustus 2018 22:59:40 CEST Erwan David wrote:

> Le 08/27/18 à 22:46, Luigi Toscano a écrit :

> > Erwan David ha scritto:

> >> Thanks. So what would be the safest way to get only the needed packages

> >> from unstable and not keep getting them from unstable in the future ?

> > Discussed in the same thread:

> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2018/08/msg00032.html

> My past tries whith this kind of commands lead to always using unstable

> after such an install. I do not want to run unstable if avoidable.

A bit crude, maybe, but you can reset all packages back to testing by pinning the testing repo with a priority of 1001, which will 'downgrade' all packages matching the filter to latest version in testing.

So, once you know KF5 is fully available in testing, have the following in /etc/apt/preferences.d/iwanttesting, and apt update+upgrade;

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 1001

After that you can remove the file again.

Of course this can be done more subtly by using libkf5* wildcard (and a few others)

-Sander