Re: Kde Wallet opening fails everytime

Yes. Managed to delete the wallet, and to create a new one, setting its passwd properly.
But never suceeeded closing a wallet, not even just after its creation. And after terminating the session, trying to open the just created wallet led to the same error (double-checked the passwd).

Thank you,
João

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 3:40 PM, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <perezmeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 at 14:07, Joao Roscoe <joao.roscoe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have just installed stretch x86-64 in a new system. Very nice.
> But I got an issue with kde wallet, and could not find anything similar with google:
>
> As soon as I launch chromium, it asks for a wallet, so I let kde creating one, choosing blowfish - I'm not in need of any enhanced security, right now. Ok, walled was created, chromium sotred its stuff, everythin ok. So, I logged off, and on again, and launched chromium again. The system asked for the wallet passwd, I typed it and then I got an error:
>
> "Error opening he wallet 'kdewallet'. Please try again
> (Error code-9: Read error - possibly incorrect password.)
>
> Tried several times and got always the same, with different passwors, including an ampty one. Created a new walled for each try, using different passwds, including an empty one. Also tried deleting the wallet using different methods (via Walled manager and by removing averything called "*wallet*" from ~/.local/.share and from ~/.config.
>
> Any hints?

Have you tried kwalletmanager?

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer