Re: Need help testing qtbase with HiDPI monitors

Hi Lisandro,

> Hi everyone! I would really *love* if some of you could help me with a
> HiDPI issue we are tracking.
>
> Currently qtbase 5.9.1-11 added a patch that should improve HiDPI
> usage for most use cases. I would like to know if it caused or not a
> regression for any of you. VLC seems the right app to test with.
>
> It would also be really cool if you find that it breaks stuff if
> starting vlc with QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0 env variable set does
> anything for you.
>
> Long story: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=884956

I would like to help you, but I do not know which result is supposed to be
after using of discussed setting. Could you describe it in more details?

My main computer for hobby tasks is a laptop with 15.6" FullHD IPS screen.
Its native resolution is 1920x1080, so DPI should be about 141.21.

When I have bought this laptop I have tested screen scaling and other
available settings... Unfortunately, all of them have looked ugly and
were absolutely unusable. The most convenient configuration I have found
(and am using now): scale factor 1 + font size 10pt + DPI 116.

Also I would be grateful for any info if anything have been improved in
2017 and you have recommendations which settings should be convenient for
my monitor now.

Best wishes,
Boris