Re: jessie upgrade deemed very difficult + there is no simple way not to install konqueror

On 06/19/2017 02:24 PM, inkbottle wrote:
task-kde-desktop depends on kde-standard
which depends on plasma-desktop
which depends on kde-baseapps
which depends on konqueror
which depends on tons of difficult to understand seemingly outdated
dependencies.

The upgrade is very difficult

If you are installing task-kde-desktop then of course it depends on most everything, if you want it slimmed down remove what you don't want or maybe you need help with that?

In fact I give up the upgrade altogether.

Bye.

I'll have to come to it through another angle:
There are tons of packages which I deem old and unnecessary, and I find no
simple way not to install them.

And there is no simple way not to install konqueror.

You still here.. There are many other ways and DM's to install and no Konq to deal with, easy.

Chris

PS: Also aptitude put all automatically installed packages to satisfy
dependencies in manually installed: hundreds of them.

It is a very difficult upgrade.

Only for someone who is difficult, no knowledge and obviously no fun.

Cheers,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Buster - Plasma Version 5.8.6 - EXT4 at sda17
Registered Linux User #380263