Re: Any chance of getting kio-audiocd for kf5 into backports?

¡Hola Shawn!

El 2017-04-26 a las 16:40 -0700, Shawn Sörbom escribió:
On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 12:27:10 PM PDT Shawn Sörbom wrote:
I noticed that there have been attempts recently to port the kio-audiocd plugin to KF5. I Know it is a bit late in the freeze process to get a new package accepted, but would the KDE team here be open to accepting it in Backports?

Some of us audiophiles can be a bit clingy when it comes to our optical media collections :)

PS. If all that is needed is a packager, I would be happy to file an ITP.
Hmmmm.... It turns out that the kde cdddb library (which kio-audiocd needs) in Stretch is still KDE4 based. So, kio-audiocd needs sub-dependencies. Grrr....

Then you need to backport libkcddb and kio-audiocd to stretch, it should be doable. I think that these backports can wait till we have the newer kio-audiocd in sid.

We might need a way to track the backports requests. I guess a wiki page might be enough. https://wiki.debian.org/KDE/Backports

Happy hacking,
--
"There are two ways of constructing a software design.  One way is to make it
so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to