Re: KDE Pim 17.08.3 wants to remove knode

Hi Rob.

Rob Brewer - 24.12.17, 21:36:
> I'm aware its been some time since knode has been supported but until to-
> days kdepim unstable upgrade knode has worked alongside kmail without
> problems, but now want's to remove knode.
>
> As I read all my mailing lists through a mail2news gateway (including this
> one) and numerous other newsgroups from inn2 on a local server, this is a
> red line for me unless I can find a way of maintaining a newsreader on kde.
>
> Is there a way forward  with knode or am I stuck with using thunderbird as
> my future mail/news reader.

I think I have read that in future KMail will support reading news. I am not
sure whether that will be already the case with KDEPIM 17.12.

And I don´t find any mention of it at the moment. But I am pretty sure I read
it somewhere.

Thanks,
--
Martin