Re: Some fonts rendered incorrectly since upgrade to Qt 5.9.1
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Some fonts rendered incorrectly since upgrade to Qt 5.9.1
- From: Martin Steigerwald <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 11:36:28 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 4161945.IzPdNMN6gK@merkaba>
- In-reply-to: <CANLb0oKqBRtOrLX0xGSxpOyUUbN1k2tNn5ANU7Aay-afK0pPuQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CANLb0oKqBRtOrLX0xGSxpOyUUbN1k2tNn5ANU7Aay-afK0pPuQ@mail.gmail.com>
Miguel A. Vallejo - 28.08.17, 15:52:
> Since the last upgrade in Sid to Qt 5.9.1 I have noticed some fonts
> rendered incorrectly in Qt applications, like Dolphin, VLC and some other
> The rendered font seems to be some bolded text, but it is rendered broken,
> see attached image.
> Any ideas?
Did you review this change:
> apt-listchanges: News
> fontconfig (2.12.3-0.2) unstable; urgency=medium
> Starting with version 2.12, fontconfig is using "Slight" (hintslight) as
> automatic hinting style. This might change the rendering of the fonts.
> If you want the to restore the old hinting, run "dpkg-reconfigure
> fontconfig-config" and select "Full" as hinting style.
> -- Laurent Bigonville <[…]> Tue, 04 Jul 2017 21:10:57 +0200
I just stumbled upon it during upgrading another machine that I do not update
But well, it was *before* the upgrade to Qt 5.9.1. Still maybe this is related