KOrganizer unreliable with Desktop Calendar

After the recent updates in Stretch I have experienced a reliable problem with
KOrganizer.

On initial start after login, it does not display items from the Desktop
Calendar (${HOME}/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics).  After some time (yet
to be determined, but more than a few seconds), a restart of KOrganizer will
display everything fine.

I have yet to investigate (perhaps with Akonadi Console?), but wondered if
anybody else was seeing the same problem?

Andy.