Need help diagnosing Akregator failure

Hi,
On Debian Testing, Akregator recently started hanging during startup. It
usually occurs so fast that the welcome window freezes during mid-render After
that, no UI elements are clickable. If I terminate the window and manually
restart the application, akregator comes up with the restore screen but
promptly freezes again. Thus far I have removed my user data (no effect) and
also executed akregator in gdb (no discernible errors).  I dont think I have
enough information to file a bug report yet. What should I try next?
Thanks,
--Shawn