Re: Plasma 5.8.5 coming and some other rough status information

A happy new year!

Am Samstag, 31. Dezember 2016, 18:28:06 CET schrieb Sandro Knauß:
> > Maxy is currently uploading Plasma 5.8.5 which contains bugfixes and
> > translation updates.
>
> maxy uploads plasma 5.8.5 to experimental. So normally it should not hit
> users.

Hmmm, I missed that, but that may explain why I didn´t see it yet.

> > As a major upgrade that I would like to see KDEPIM 16.08 (or 16.12) is
> > still missing. But Qt webengine packages, a prerequisite of KDEPIM
> > packages, are available meanwhile (libqt5webengine5).
>
> Unfortunatelly this won't happen.  The packaging of QtWebEngine took to
> long. We have already 10day migration to testing and KDEPIM 16.08 and 16.12
> have several splits of existing repositories (aka new packages appear with
> 16.08 and 16.12), so things need to go through the NEW queue. And we have
> the upcoming deadline 5th Jan for new packages to enter testing. Well if
> you calculate, that means the last day to upload new packages to sid, to
> enter testing in time would have been the 25th December. Looking at the
> calendar tells me we are after the 25th Dec :(
>
> Well the only opportunity to get KDEPIM 16.08/16.12 to next Debian stable
> would be to start talking to the release team and get a exception. But
> neither maxy nor me want to start this discussion, because of lack of time.
> Just a sidenote: As far as I understood maxy, he has already build KDEPIM
> 16.08/16.12.

I understand.

Well as far as I gathered on IRC channel packaging Qt Webengine is quite
challenge. Thanks for putting up with it.

KDEPIM 16.04 works okayish for me and well as I will follow Debian Sid anyway,
for me it doesn´t matter all that much.

Ciao,
--
Martin